Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Living Passionately

Do you live your life with passion? Some of us have a passion for hobies, some have passion for work, some have a passion for football or basketball, and some have a passion to become a couch potato after giving a hard day at work. All of us have a passion for something, the question is "Is our passion being directed to the right things for the right reasons?" Too often our passions are misguided or misdirected and we find ourselves doing great in one area while we are dangerously close to loosing it in another area. One of my favorite verses is Matthew 6:33 - "But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well." NIV. The reason I like this verse is it gives me the right reason to be passionate about the right thing. Be passionate enough to seek God first in everything and God will see to it the right things are added to my life at the right moment. I have only one thing to do then, seek God first. The result, I have enough time for the right things, I have enough money for the right things, and I have enough energy for the right things. When the wrong things come along, I have enough strength to say "no" and stay on course in my passion for serving God first. So how are you doing in the area of "Living Passionately"? And where is your passion directed? Let me know how you are doing.
Roger

No comments:

Post a Comment