Monday, September 21, 2026
Give Praise!
Isaiah 38:16-19
“O Master, these are the conditions in which people live, and yes, in these very conditions my spirit is still alive - fully recovered with a fresh infusion of life! It seems it was good for me to go through all those troubles. Throughout them all You held tight to my lifeline. You never let me tumble over the edge into nothing. But my sins You let go of, threw them over Your shoulder - good riddance! The dead don't thank You, and choirs don't sing praises from the morgue. Those buried six feet under don't witness to Your faithful ways. It's the living - live men, live women - who thank You, just as I'm doing right now. Parents give their children full reports on Your faithful ways.” THE MESSAGE
Our human nature calls us to complain. Our human nature calls us to see the bad and grumble. Our human nature naturally gravitates to the bad side of issues. Right now, many people, even Christians, complain about health, the cost of living, the cost of gasoline, current administration, immigration, some even complain about their church. You name it we seem to be in a place of following our human nature which is to complain and grumble.
Now, that may seem a little harsh, but give it some thought. Do a little heart examination. Is it true? If not, don’t read the rest of this little devotional and keep praising the Lord for every thing. But, if it is true, finish to the end.
King Hezekiah was sick unto death. He had cried out to the Lord to remember his faithfulness to Him. The Lord heard his cry and sent Isaiah to give him this word - “I heard your prayer and I’m adding 15 years to your life.” It is from that Word from God through Isaiah that King Hezekiah writes down these words from scripture, and I paraphrase - Thank you for giving me new life. I was in a deathly condition and You heard my cry. The troubles of this life have been many, but You have held me through all of them. The most important thing You did was to take my sins, throw them over Your shoulder and forget them - good riddance!!! When I am dead I can no longer give You praise. When I am buried in the ground my voice can no longer sing. There are no choirs that sing from the morgue of death. So, because I am alive I will lift my voice in praise to You and give You thanks and I will give my children a full report of all the things You have done in my life.
WOW. What a testimony. You and I are but one breath away from death at any moment. We are but an instant away from facing eternity. How sad it would be to face eternity with complaints being voiced. How much better our mouths are filled with praise to God Almighty. We may not be granted another 15 years as King Hezekiah was. We may not have 15 days, 15 minutes or even 15 seconds before our life comes to an end. Oh, that our hearts and mouths would be filled with praise if for no other reason than our sins have been thrown over the shoulder of Almighty God never to be remembered again. Truly we are a blessed people and the God Who saves us is worthy of praise in every situation, every day, and with every breath.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment